Remote Administrator Server Service

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by CoderXMan, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoderXMan

CoderXMan Registered Member

I am running,
    Remote Administrator Server - 4.0.122.0
    NOD32 Antivirus 4 - 4.2.40.0
    Server 2003 Standard 32bit SP2

As of yesterday I cannot log in to the Remote Administrator Console. My license is valid and has about 1 year left. The ESET Remote Administrator Server service will not stay in at "Started" state. Everytime I try to start the service it says,

"The ESET Remote Administrator Server service on the Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

I have not tried to reboot this server as of yet because it is in a live production environment and if it goes down the whole place goes up in arms.

Everything else seems to be working as it should.

-CoderXMan

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

This would probably be better in the 'Other Products' sub-forum, but check the log file for more information. Most likely the licence isn't installed correctly.

XP/2003: %allusersprofile%\application data\eset\Remote Administrator\Server\logs\era.log

Vista/7/2008: %allusersprofile%\eset\Remote Administrator\Server\logs\era.log

3. CoderXMan

CoderXMan Registered Member

Poblem solved.
    Ran netstat -ano
    SQL Server decided to hijack the Remote Administrator Server service port:2223

restarted the sqlserver service and BING! .... Life is grand once again.

-CoderXMan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.