Remember the good Old days When you payed for

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by akeagle, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akeagle

akeagle Registered Member

A Program it was Yours, Now days Your just Renting it,And you have to worry About going over The Max # of Re-installs Permitted,And Have to Register or Enter your Activation or License Key or UnLock Code Again.That is The main reason why I got your backup Program. Now for my problem,I Screwed up when I made my First Full backup. But did Not worry About it at the Time,Because I was going to Reinstall The Programs Later on Right :( Guess what,I Ended up in The VA Hospital For A Week, And My Nephew Crashed My Computer A Few Times, And just Reinstalled All The Programs,Because He did Not know About My New backup Program,And Used Up My Max # of Re-installs Permitted For some of my Programs. I Now Have [A New Sound & Video Card & Motherboard].And I would like to use A Fresh Clean install Because of All The Trouble I Had in my First Full Backup. Can I Restore Programs From My First Full Backup,To My New Backup. [Still using The Same Partition]. That way I would Not Have to Pay For The Same Programs Again. I Have Windows XP Professional. [C: drive is on A 80 GB Hard drive] & Backup is On A 250 GB Hard drive.I Am using Acronis True Image 8.0 Thank You Robert

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You may restore the image of the system you have and this will restore the serial numbers, license keys, etc. you entered when you installed the applications before the image was created. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. akeagle

akeagle Registered Member

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner,I just got back out of the VA Hospital again . I used a Fresh Clean install because of [All the Trouble I had in my First Full Backup] I Now Need To Restore 3 Programs from my First Full Backup,To my New Clean install. [Still using The Same Partition]. Because My Nephew used up the Max # of Re-installs Permitted for The 3 Programs,Which means I need to find a way to Retrieve all 3 programs from my first backup, The Old backup is on my 250 GB Hard drive With a Fat 32 File System. And my clean install is NTFS,is that going to be a problem? I can Reinstall All The Other Programs from the Original Cds.[Can you Help me Step by Step as to How to Restore all 3 programs with the Activation Keys & unlock codes?] Thank You Robert

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

True Image doesn't work this way. It Images the entire drive and you need to restore the entire image to get everything back. You can't just pick some bits out of it and restore those programs. Individual files yes but not entire programs and the registry settings.

If everything was working when you made the image just restore the image and carry on from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.