Remaining time is bogus

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mecalvint, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecalvint

mecalvint Registered Member

Tried TI 7 bld 627 from a boot CD

It started imaging to a CD.

Remaining time 1 hr.

Progress bar slowly creeping up, then from about 30%, it zoomed to 100% in matters of seconds. So the whole process was done in less than 5mins.

So my beefs:
    TI guesses that it would take 1 hr to do a 74GB partition, even though only 3GB is used. SO why not figure out that there is only 3GB of data, so tell me that only 15mins is required.

And tell me that I only need 1CD (i.e, tell me how big the image is going to be).

The reason why I am a bit upset is that the way it zoomed on the CD, I was not sure if the image integrity is good. That a extra check I have to make after imaging.

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Well, if it only took less than 5 minutes to burn, it will only take about 3 minutes to verify. My suggestion is that you get to verifying my man!

What I really want to know is "Who's Zoomin Who"? *puppy*

3. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

So, did you see if the image was good? The same thing happened to me . I tried for 2 weeks and every image was corrupt. I finally got a refund from them.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, mecalvint

Would you have liked waited 1hr instead of 5mins.

As mike_wells says if it verifiers OK no problem.

Ti guesstowmates [funny word] the time.

As the percentage come down [or up depends on how you view percentage] so you will see the time given, decrease.

I all depends on your system to how long it will take. [cpu, bus, memory, cd write, hdd, SPEEDS ect]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. mecalvint

mecalvint Registered Member

The image verified OK.

And of course I prefer 15mins to 1Hr.....

I am simply complaining a bit about TI because I was demo'ing this new backup software to my boss as a better alternative to Ghost, our current backup software.

He pointed out that TI has great concepts, but as an industrial strength software, it needs to have a few bugs ironed out, like remaining time and lack of network info refresh.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi. mecalvint

I did not know you was complaining, I thought you was inquiring. :)

Time is as I said relative to the system in use and Ti guessing.

As for the network info refresh, I have no idea.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.