Remain Anonymous with Javascript on ?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Peter Griffin, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

I tried both Tor VM and xB Machine but I wasn't able to make any of them work.

Are there any guides around?

2. ex_ployt_ed

ex_ployt_ed Registered Member

Does anyone credentialed without a vested interest in Xerobank concur?

I am not qualified to comment on the accuracy of this assertion but I must say that it reminds me of the classic economic paradox that thrift often presents: good for the individual (saves his money) but detrimental for the community (less money entering the economy).

It's hard to see how anyone could dispute that.

The question, as always, is how great the risk is and weighing that against whatever the benefit may be.

- http://www.torproject.org/torbutton/faq.html.en

1.) Anyone dispute this statement?

2.) Even if no one does, I suppose the keyword would still be 'known'...

Note the other posts regarding said tests. I would tend to share the hesitancy in relying upon them that was expressed.

For anything truly critical, to trust even JavaScript would seem unwise.

Trusting Java, Flash and other plugins seems just insane to me.

3. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Traffic analysis of this sort is worthless unless the "authorities" already have a suspect that they can perform analysis on.

4. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

This balderdash means nothing -- just words with no context or scientific validity. What is "node optimization?" What "traffic controls?" And how do these actually improve anonymity?

And those techniques are...?

Do you realize how silly you sound? First you said that the number of nodes has no bearing on anonymity because a "computer can track them all" (whatever the hell that means). And now you say that XB's smaller number of nodes is more anonymous! :doubt:

Against Tor? Really? When? Where can I see a demonstration of this?

Been fixed for a long time.

Simple fix -- don't use IE. No one with even a modicum of security knowledge does.

Oh, and I am still waiting on your "ground-breaking" application that can "find the real IP of any Tor user." Where can a demonstration of this mythical application be seen? ;)

You know what the funniest thing is about your incessant rants against Tor is? The fact that you can sit there and claim XB is so anonymous even though you have all of your customer's personal info (CC numbers, names, phone numbers). What a laugh. Do you expect anyone to believe you won't roll over when the Feds come a knockin' with a warrant? Sure, you can tell your customers "Oh we don't track you, we have no idea who is who within the network." That may or may not be true, but are we supposed to just take your word for it? With Tor we don't have this worry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.