'Reliability' of backup images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jelenko, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jelenko

jelenko Registered Member

Anybody know the % of times that a backup image is reported as invalid?

There seems to be 'many' posts where a backup image was reported as 'not a valid TI image'. Of course, this forum is used primarily to work problems.

The reason I ask is that I just had TI report an image [on an internal hard drive, 1 full backup only - i.e., no incremental or differential backups] as not a TI file. I had made the image ~ 6 weeks ago and have not done anything with it since then. [At the same time I had also made full backup images to an external USB drive and to a DVD. Both of those images were recognized and successfully restored the image to a new drive].

Thanks

2. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

Check in the name of the image you created to make sure it ends with .tib

3. jelenko

jelenko Registered Member

Right. It was .tib.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If the file checked out valid after the backup and later was found to be corrupted, this is no more likely an ATI problem as caused by any of a number of other sources, disk problems, OS screw up, another program wrote where it shouldn't have, etc.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.