Relevance of the Internet connection setting

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hi

Under Update, Advanced, Internet Connection. What is the relevance of the settings (None, LAN, Dial-up, Other) please?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

May be I am not so correct but one of out computers connects to internet only once a week or so . If its NOD32 is set to LAN then NOD32 will try to update constantly and it displays error messages "Error connect to server"

When I set it to None , NOD32 doesn't try to update and no error messages to confuse users :D

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Buscuit.

None = No Internet connection

LAN = Local Area Network, as in a Broadband connection.

Dial-up = Modem dial up connection.

Other (e.g. Portable computer) = Laptop with dual connection, as in dial up and LAN.

Cheers :D

4. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear. But I want to know the relevance of each setting. So for instance what does the dial-up or "other" setting do in relation to choosing the LAN setting.

5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

With dial up setting NOD32 tries to update only if you are connected to internet.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No .

In Control Center->NOD32 System information->Scheduler/Planner you see you have set by default check for update every one hour + you can check to have update on every dial-up or VPN connection . You can make them both remain :D

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

During installation this setting changes which update options are enabled by default. (what mrtwolman said)

Also what HiTech_boy said is correct.

Just my observances - after installation this setting seems to alter by what method NOD32 decides if a dial up connection has been made and may help determine via which interface update and ThreatSense connections are made.

Cheers:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.