rejecting original serial number

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by billkruse, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billkruse

billkruse Registered Member

I bought Acronis a few months back. I just bought an upgrade for it. I uninstalled the original installation and have tried installing the new one. it asks for the serial number and I input it from the email I received, no problem. Then it wants to know the original serial number, I input that from the original email I received, and I get the message that it's the wrong number. It isn't.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong, please?
    Acronis help seems to be very short on actual help. It may well be that I didn't actually need to pay for an upgrade but I couldn't see a way around it. The reason I'm upgrading is because when I try to actually create a backup Acronis refuses to write to a DVD in my dvd/cd writer drive, it insists I use CDs and of course I don't want to, not when I have a DVD drive! Acronis will only see the unit as a CD drive and not as a DVD drive, I'm not sure what I can do about that. When I run Acronis it mentions that I need third party software to write to a DVD, hunting around here I noticed that the latest build of Acronis includes DVD-writing software, that's really why I thought upgrading might help. But I can't install it! GRR!

BB

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello BB,

If you had TI 9.0 and merely wanted to install the new TI 9.0 Home then you need not have purchased an "upgrade" as you will be entiled to download the free "update". Assuming you've registered your Acronis products on the Acronis website, all you needed to do was log into your account and download the latest build (currently 3677).

From the description of your serial number problem it sounds as if, some time ago, you had originally purchased an "Upgrade" from an earlier version (e.g. TI 8.0) to TI 9.0. Having now uninstalled TI 9.0 in order to install the latest build, you will first be asked to enter the serial number for your recently purchased TI 9.0 Home, followed by the serial number of the previous Version that you originally upgraded from (e.g. TI 8.0).

Regards

3. billkruse

billkruse Registered Member

I didn't know that at the time. I have this installed on two machines, a 98SE machine and an XP machine. I deleted the old version from the 98SE machine and that's the one that won't accept the serial number. I'll use the XP machine to register (I still have my email docs) with Acronis (I haven't tried to upgrade that yet) and see what I can do from there with that one.
    I purchased what still looks to be a full version. £26.58, that's not an upgrade. And the serial number for it is the only other one I have. I'll see if I can juggle something after registering properly, thanks for your help.

BB

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello billkruse,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that as Menorcaman this behavior of Acronis True Image is typical when you install the upgrade. In this case you should use not only the serial number for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Upgrade, but also a serial number for your previous version of Acronis True Image when installing an upgrade.

Could you please send both serial numbers you have to Acronis Support Team? Please also provide them with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.). In order to do so please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Please also attach the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.