Reinstall wierd issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by notuo, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notuo

notuo Registered Member

Hi all.

I just reinstall my EAV4. I follow the instructions in the corresponding page but when I started the installer I get a message that conflicting software is installed (F-SECURE). I never installed any f-secure sw, anyway I went to the f-secure page and the uninstall procedure was: go to control panel | programs | locate the f-secure sw and click uninstall. I don't have any installed. I clicked in ignore and proceeded.

How the installer noticed this? (and NFS why doesn't explain what program is "installed" and where)

BTW, I noticed I had version 4.0.xxx and the latest is 4.2.xxx I wonder why I never were notified or automatically upgraded. Any ideas on this also?

Thanks in advance

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Instructions for uninstalling an F-Secure product are Here
    Please elaborate on this as I do not understand what you really mean.
    Updgrades for stand-alone PC's are not automatic.
    Watch the top of this forum for new release announcements of visit the Download center for news of new releases.

3. notuo

notuo Registered Member

As I mentioned. I followed the procedure in that page but I have no F-SECURE product installed, so why the ESET installer complains for that?

New Feature suggestion. (NFS) If the installerd detects a conflicting software, should be more explicit mentioning the real name, version, folder of the installed product, something.

Thanks. I expected to be informed at the very least. Everyday is looking for new version of definitions isn't? Another Feature suggestion.

Regards,

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I cannot speak to this, generally an installer will detect previously installed software that may be in conflict. ESET views these Forums in ernest as it is Official ESET Support.

Noted, as I'm sure ESET has, in this case and others.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

By any chance, does the following registry key exist on your computer?

[HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\F-Secure Gatekeeper]

If so, that could explain why a notification is displayed that F-Secure is installed on the computer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. notuo

notuo Registered Member

Yes something like that.

Still don't know how got here.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Could a trial or a web-based version of F-Secure have been run on the computer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.