RegSupreme Pro: Opinions Needed?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

For anyone who has used the registry cleaner called RegSupreme Pro.....how SAFE is that program and how does it COMPARE to other similar programs out there?

In the "Aggressive" cleaning mode, it found around 700+ invalid registry entries.

Is it better to run the registry cleaner in NORMAL mode or is it safe to delete ALL the entries found in AGGRESSIVE?

Also is this software worth purchasing.....or are there BETTER registry cleaners out there?

Thanks.

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This is a very good program to clean the registry...

One of the bests...

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Never had a problem with it, but I always let it make a backup prior to let it fix anything. :)
    It would be better to run in Normal mode, you never know if it flags something it shouldn't do in Agressive mode. Only used that mode twice and it didn't give trouble on my system.
    Yes, it's worth purchasing and the price is very cheap, compared to others.

I do use Ace Utilities and TuneUp Utilities too.
    As always, make sure to make a backup before removing anything.
    Also examine the log, so you can uncheck what you think is wrong. :)

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The registry cleaner in RegSupreme is finding more entries now due to certain keys now being flagged that weren't in previous versions. I tend to run the Normal mode once a week and the Aggressive mode once a month.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I concur, that this is an excellent cleaner. I use it mainly in Normal mode, and just pick thru what I want to delete. I've let it fix everything, with no ill effects, but stuff comes back, so I just get rid of what I want.

6. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Pretty much what everyone else said. Have run for a couple of years and never had any problems. I run in aggresive mode and back it up with fix-it utilities registry cleaner.

7. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I completely agree that Mr. Vuorio's registry programs are some of the best (if not THE best) out there. But let me play devil's advocate a bit... Have there been any objective tests that show registry cleaning, in XP, makes any significant difference in operation? Especially as a monthly or quarterly maintenance routine?

The reason I am asking is that there are many not-so-knowledgeable users that are running these types of programs on pure automatic modes and I often read of how things are all messed up (granted not many are Jouni Vuorio's apps.)

In my case, I still run the older, free version of jv16 Power Tools. And I only use it as a means to search for registry leftovers of programs I have uninstalled. (I never run it on auto mode.)

Thoughts anyoneo_O :D

8. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Pretty much the same experience as the others on my part. Had a little problem once, as a result of letting Agressive mode remove all it found, but can't recall what it was. But I've always used the backup, and the restore fixed that problem. After that one little problem, I stopped using aggressive mode and use Normal. I still comb through the items it finds and do a backup before I let it delete anything.

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Ditto.

10. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I don't trust this reigstry cleaner. I tried all of their programs including Regsupreme Pro and it does find "something" that I think should not be included to be fix or deleted. It detects some entries on my Corel Draw graphics suite that if deleted will render some feature of the program useless or gone and you have to re-install again. :cautious:

TuneUp Utilities 2006 and Registry Mechanic v5.2 is more better and are safer, as they only detects entries safe to remove. Also the free EasyCleaner v2 of ToniArts, although it doesn't goes deep like the two above. :cool:

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

That usually happens if you scan in 'agressive mode', and quite frankly I don't think it is necessary.

Backing up any scan is recommended if you don't want the hassle of reinstalling, but as I said in 'normal mode' it has never deleted any important entry.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
  12. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

@Han
    Exactly how do you do this apart from the built in functions?

Regards.

13. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I use it often, in the super-extra-uber-deep mode, never had any problem with a single key / value. Been using it since 2003 or so.
    Mrk

14. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I do use a couple of the program's functions, but never fully automated.

By far, the jv16 PT 1.3 parts I use the most are the Registry Tool's Installed Software and the Registry Finder section under Tools. After I uninstall software the usual Windows Add/Remove Programs method, I use both of the above features to look for any leftovers. Only after careful, one by one examination of the entries I find do I consider doing any registry "surgery". I'm especially picky about what I remove when I use the Finder tool. (FWIW, I had purchased a copy of the newer jv16 PT program a year or so ago and went back to this version. I felt it worked better for me and my chosen method than the new one...) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.