registry seeker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sunita, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunita

sunita Registered Member

anyone here has tried registry seeker from http://www.webattack.com/get/regseeker.shtml .

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have been useing regseeker for a while now and it seems to work pretty well. But like any registry tool just use a little caution. It has never deleted anything out of my comp that it shouldnt have yet. ;)

There is some more info on registry cleaners at the link

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=6219;start=15

3. monica_84

monica_84 Registered Member

registry seeker founded more than 300 keys on my computer and i have deleted all of them now my computer is running little faster now

4. slikk

slikk Guest

Regseeker, the freeware version found at www.webattack.com, is a very small registry cleaner/locator similar to the JV-16 1.3 It is powerful, quick, but a little dangerous. For example, after it finds the unused or missing keys, it will hilight potentially useful keys in RED TYPE, and the safe keys to delete in GREEN TYPE. the red keys are to let you know, that because a key is not being used by the system, it may later, say in the event you choose to add "Microsoft Office" or "Frontpage"
    for this reason you must be careful to check the keys you delete. However, a backup is automatically produced, to deliver you from misfortune.Just go to my documents, you will find the backup there.
    The quick removal of iefiles is nice also. On XPPRO,
    I found the tweaks section could not overide the system functions, for the same items. Other than those cautions, it has performed bug free.
    slikk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.