registry prot/system safety monitor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 10390bc, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows if registry prot and system safety monitor are o.k. for a computer newbie? Also can they be used together w/o any problems? Thanks so much. :)

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi 10390bc ;)

regprot is very newbie friendly.

I use it and unless something tries to add an entry to your registry, you'll never know it is there. :)

As for SSM, i can't comment on it because i have never tried it.

Hopefully someone will post and give u more info on that.

Hope this helps. :)

snowbound

3. 10390bc

Thanks Snowbound for the info. It sound like you really know your stuff from reading your other posts as well. This truly is one of the brighter places on the net , I'll do my best to spread the word about it. :)

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I'm glad i could help. :)

Here is your first Karma Cookie. ;)

snowbound

5. MOORE

MOORE Guest

yes they work very well together, ive been using them for a while with no problems... the more layers of security the better.

regprotect is very basic protection but good , it monitors the changes and popups to ask you to deny or allow, once youve allowed your running sytem procceses its ready to protect you..

SSM is one of my favourite programs, its just like an internal firewall , great process protection , and not terribly hard to set up , if you take it one step at a time you should have no problems , and a very secure system. its stopped a few trojans in their tracks for me so far , and with the application rules you can set your programs to be allowed or denied , and prevent anything from executing that you dont want....monitor registry changes and alert you to dll /process injection etc etc.. well thats the quick run down im not getting paid to ramble lol ..

another good free program is winpatrol,[ if you arent capable of getting Regrun ] it works well combined with these two , it will also monitor the registry and prevent home page hijacks and has other tools for detecting removing BHOs and spyware /trojans...
    it stopped and detected a sub seven 2.1 trojan for me at version 5.o something and its up to v7.0 now , still going good, and all work great with TDS-3 of course, which i think everyone should have a copy of , and Outpost , lol , and regrun...

so i have to say yes they work great together..

hope that all makes sense.. :)
    cya.

6. 10390bc

Yes it does make sense. Thanks for the great answer MOORE. :)

7. JayK

JayK Poster

Interesting I would think SSM duplicates all the functions of regprot and covers more .

8. 10390bc

Are you saying you think SSM and Regprot do some of the same things or that they do? Please forgive my ignorance as i am still new at this stuff. :doubt:

9. Moore

Moore Registered Member

well they both monitor the registry, to different degrees , but i dont have SSM running except when im on the internet , its not really needed offline..

i just think since Regprot runs all the time in the background , its handy to let you know whats going on , i also have Regrun Gold and that has a few similar features to SSM too , :D and if you only want to run one thats your decision, i like to have backups and as many layers as possible myself , hey the computer still works and nothing much gets through..

maybe someone can tell me if its bad to have more than one program to protect your system ? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.