Registry problem?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I just used Regwatcher and trial of RegDefend for a while on my PC but uninstalled it after few hours. Now I have one problem, when I run CD in my CD room, a message comes like this:

Rundll.32.ee Application error
    The instruction at "0x012108c4" referenced memory at "0x012108c4".The memory could not be read.
    clickon Ok to terminate the programme.

When I click Ok, anothr message comes

Rundll.32.ee Application error
    The instruction at "0x7c9105f8" referenced memory at "0x00ac0010".The memory could not be read.
    clickon Ok to terminate the programme.

Then I click Ok. and after that there is no problem. But every time I run CD, first i get these 2 messages. I think it is something related to my registry. I am totally unaware about this. How I can fix it.

Before i was getting this mesage when i put USB memory stick, I did system restore and the message stopped but it is coming whe I use CD room.

2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Well you did make backups of what you cleaned out from your registry, didn't you? If you did then restore those backups. Registry cleaners can no doubt be good tools, but can also be dangerous ones. My past experience tells me to just leave the registry alone.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Infact i don,t remember that i blocked any event except for one or two and even block means block not delete, so there is no backup and I have uninstalled both programmes. Anyhow problem in minor, today i saw this message did not appear many times when I used my CD drive or USMmemory. Will see and wait....

4. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

I have a DVD ROM drive that is about 5 years old (Pioneer 16X) and it can occasionally lock up the entire PC (even stopping the BIOS booting if the wrong disc is in there!), and reports loads of errors, won't install anything etc. When they get to this stage it is simpler to replace the drive. Try that if yours is particularly old.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Infat my pc is brand new,I told that the problem is invited by me. Ifact now I did another system restore to 1 week back, and all is ok now, nice work by system restre. I noted another thing on repeated tries, system restore failed and worked only when I switch off Norton Security loading at start up and made all protection off, really surprising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.