Registry Editor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ErikAlbert, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Hi guys,
    I need a registry editor that is able to find a string and replace it with another string in step mode and global mode.
    Any suggestions? No registry cleaners please, something like "regedit", but better.
    Thanks in advance.

2. DCM

DCM Registered Member

Registrar Lite is free and better than Regedit. It may do what you want.

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

registry explorer is freeware .You can search for strings and alter individually.If i understand you correctly ,you would like to search for a certain string and then change them globally all together in one instance?.Im not sure that i know of any editor that can do that.
    http://www.vsft.com/products.htm
    ellison

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

DCM and Ellison,
    I will try both and see what happens.
    The find & replace in step mode is the most important one and I understand that the global find & replace could be a dangerous function in registry editors.

M$ fails again in giving me the right tool and again I have to use another 3th party software to do the job.
    BUT I will get a gadget like glass windows in winVISTA instead of a GOOD registry editor with a find & replace function. :rolleyes:

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.