Registry Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Jodell Bumatai, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Perman, Are you sure that the reg cleaners that "do not require re-boot" actually accomplish their mission i.e. clean / delete / repair w/o re-boot?

I use Tune-Up 2007, JV-16 2006 and Registry Mechanic, none require re-boot, but I "do re-boot" after use, just to ensure "Mission Accomplished".

I know when ever I manually edit the registry that I'm required to be-boot for effects to take. I can see no difference between automatically via an app like JV-16... and manually editing the registry.

Just an observation: Once w/ Registry Mechanic, I ran it and all was OK. After re-booting my laptop was in-operable. I needed to re-store a SS from FD-ISR.

...screamer

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, screamer: To be honest w/ you, I do not know whether Registry cleaner really does the cleaning job w/o asking a reboot. But during these years, I have never encountered any problems re; cleaness of job. Registry booster is the first one I have had so far to ask a reboot. Of course there will be two now, including system tuneup you are using.

Hi, sunrise; I am using: your uninstaller 2006. I works fine for me, it will remove most of debris from your system. However, like any other uninstaller(except snapshot type ones) it will not completely remove all. You still need a registry editor to search the entire registry for leftovers and manually rid of them.

4. screamer

sunrise, I've used this app, I bought this app, but i didn't really care for it. I'm inpatient when it comes to installing stuff. Advanced Un-Installer sits in your systray and asks questions w/ regard to "monitor installation", "location"...

When I did use it, it did its job, and did it well. Better than Windows Add / Remove Programs, But I rely more on my registery cleaners for removing the debris leftover from uninstalls along w/ Ccleaner and Tune-Up 2007 Tune-Up Disk Cleaner.

...screamer

5. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

I like installing and uninstalling progs myself a lot and I did use youruninstaller.It left stuff behind so I got rid of it.I liked Total Uninstall.

Now, I use first defense and I have a testsnapshot.I install the software I want and then do a copy/update snapshot and the prog is gone.

No hassle.One click:thumb:

6. screamer

I forgot to mention that I used the Un-Installer prior to purchasing FD-ISR

FD-ISR has saved my ass more times than I can remember.

...screamer

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I use regsupreme for some time now and like it better than tuneup util.which i use for years,on the other hand folks over at Ars Technica recommend strongly against the use off whatever registrycleaner saying words to the effect that it makes no difference and the most you can do ultimately is to screw it up.

8. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Same here. But. You could also use sandboxie and install a prog inside the box and when u're done simply delete the sandbox. That way you don't need to reboot.

9. screamer

I'm not a fan of sandbox apps. I used Green Border for a while and found it to be just too much of a pain. I've tried (briefly) a few others w/ just about the same results.

Keeping it simple:
    Normally I just use the apps own un-installer and do a reg clean. If I'm not happy w/ those results I just copy / update from one of my FD-ISR SnapShots.

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.