Registry attacked and can no longer run regedit command

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by J35Jazz, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J35Jazz

J35Jazz Registered Member

My regedit function has been deleted or disabled. When I run the command, I am told that Windows can not find regedit and to make sure I typed the command correctly. I am not sure when this happened but not very long ago, days at most. I recently downloaded a software program called Smartdraw, ran a virus check on it and it was clean. I removed the software but still can not access my registry.

I have tried to do the following to fix the problem;

Download and run the following software:
    XP-RunAsShortCutFix.exe

Copy and run the following:
    REG ADD HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\ /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Have just run Trend Micro which was negative.

Also tried to run Spyware Blaster and was given the following error message: Error: Access violation at 0x73483F5A (tried to read from 0x00000014), program terminated

I ran vbrun60sp5.exe which is an installation for visual basic 6.0 run time files which corrected the problem. However, when I looked up the error, it pointed to a registry issue.

Now running Kapersky but it is taking a long time. Nothing so far.

Any help I thank you for

Here is my Hijack this log data.

~ HJT Log Removed as per Policy ~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
  2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

try this

also delete your hijack log as it is not permitted here.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Also maybe get the most current version of HijackThis 2.0.2 (actually 2.0.0.2).

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

J35Jazz, as per Policy, we no longer process HJT logs here and yours has been removed, closing this thread.

Perhaps you should review this: If you are currently infected and seek help in some of the forums listed there. Best of luck!

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.