Registration Renewal - 3 questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Sunshine803, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine803

Sunshine803 Registered Member

My current license expires on 21 Dec 2007
    I have already purchased the renewal license but have not yet registered it, since the existing license has 8 more days to go.
    I will not be using the PC much over Xmas (for about 2 weeks as I will be away from home). My questions are:

1. If the current license expires on 21st Dec and I register the renewal on the 14th Dec, will the renewed license last till the 14th Dec 2008 or till the 21st Dec 2008?

2. If I register the renewal on the 8th Jan 2008, will the renewed license last till the 8th Jan 2009 or till the 21st Dec 2008?

3. When the license expires, does the product (NOD32 v2.70.39) still function 100% without updating the signatures or does it stop functioning altogether?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Regards
    Sunshine

2. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

1. That depends if you the reseller you bought it from extended your remaining time to your renewal. This would be something you have to asked them to do. If you purchased your renewal on Dec. 14, than it will expire on Dec. 14th 2008 or 2009 depending on if you got a 1 year renewal or a 2 year.

2. Your renewal expires on the Dec. 14, doesn't matter if you wait to install it.

3. When the license expires, NOD32 will still funcition, it just won't be up to date on its virus signature. As soon as you swap the old Username and Password, you will recieve all the previous missed updates.

Hope this helps.

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi Sunshine803,

1. Either 14th Dec or 21 Dec depending (and you can request that the extra week be added back on if it is the former) What does your licence email say?

2. The renewal does not care when you enter the licence key. There is a date in the licence email and that is the date.

3. After expiry NOD32 continues to operate normally, reminding you from time to time that it does not have a valid licence to get updates. Licences expired more than 30 days can not be renewed and must be purchased fresh.

Cheers :)

4. Sunshine803

Sunshine803 Registered Member

Thank you all for your replies and info.
    I bought the renewal pack from a local PC store. In it you just get a leaflet with a code and an ESET web site to visit. In the website, they ask you to enter the code found in the pack you bougt, your old user-id and your email address.

If you do this, you'll receive a message with a new user-id/password and a date when your new license expires. I did not do it yet but, judging from last year when I bought the first time license, the date they gave me was the date on which I did the on-line registration+1 year. That was fair. But I am wondering, if the same holds for the renewal, in which case, if I do the online renewal registration before the expiry date of the current license I will be losing out a few days. Ideally, ESET should give me a date exactly a year after the expiration of the current license, regardless of the time a register the renewal. But I do't know their policy/intentions...
    Anyway, it's academic really because we are talking about a few days. I will wait till the expiry date and register the renewal then...
    Thanks again

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Some off topic posts removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.