Register Problem

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by mos4567, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mos4567

mos4567 Registered Member

I am curious about weather or not what I am experiencing is normal or not for Returnil 2010.

Six hours ago I bought RVS 2010 Home Lux.

I followed the steps in the manual and registered it. Six hours latter and it is still on Request pending...In that time it has been able to download updates and shows its last successful update was about 20 minutes ago. So it is able to communicate home.

Now, I expected a delay when the e-mail said,

"You will see "Request Pending" in the Status area (lower left corner of the program interface). You will receive a message once successful registration was completed. Please be patient. In the meantime, why not find out about the features of RVS 2010 in the product manual"

But I would have sort of assumed that meant like 2 - 15 minutes. Not SIX hours... Oddly enough that did find time in that six hours to take the $30 out of my bank account.

Sorry, I am just frustrated and annoyed. I sent support an e-mail about it but based on how fast the automated registration system I don't expect to get a real person to reply for months if not years.

So, if anybody has any suggestions or has experienced a problem like mine and found the solution please let me know.

But honestly, this is an awful way to start out for a new piece of software, I have owned a license for less then 7 hours and I already have a negative image of Returnil. :doubt:

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I've had this occur a couple of times. You've already done what I'd recommend and have also had work - contact support. Aside from the weekend wait, in my experience the problem has been remedied within a day or so (but you do need to be cognizant of time zones and work days).

Blue

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi mos4567 and welcome to the forums :)

The issue with registration is server side and being investigated. If the client is not yet registered, please try again later today and it should work as expected.

Mike

4. mos4567

mos4567 Registered Member

Is still not registered but support said it could be 24 hours from when they responded until the servers have processed the backlog in the queue, that was around 8am today so I am going to give it until mid day tomorrow before I contact them again. I am sure it will get resolved, I am really not worried about it. I have calmed down a lot since that post. I now understand that it's not the "norm" and that they had server problems, that I can understand and sympathize with. I only wish they had just posted something about it on there website then I would have known and then not even made the post.

Edit (With my luck, they did make a post and somebody is going to point it out to me and I am going to feel like a total... yah)

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi mos4567,
    Please make sure you update your support ticket with the result, especially if it is not resolved as anticipated.

Thanks
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.