Regional Virus Radar

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by petepohl, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petepohl

petepohl Registered Member

Presently, I understand that the data for Virus Radar analysis is provided by an ISP in the Czech Republic. I was wondering if there were any plans to expand this to ISP's in other countries? I think the Virus Radar is a great tool, but as a user in the United States, I often find that the Data doesn't accurately reflect my threat environment. I hope that Eset will be able to provide a detailed threat analysis for the global environment.

Keep up the good Work!! and a special thanks to moderators, Happy Bytes, Blackspear and Marcos. I am impressed with the access you provide to end users such as myself.

2. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Yep.

We've lots of plans :D

We'll extend. But this has to go all step by step. Rome was not build within one day. ;)

Thanks for the flowers :D You know we have a rule here - if you are absolutely satisfied with some answers you offer from time to time a six pack beer. What's your local beer there? :D

3. petepohl

Thanks for your reply
    Some good local beers in Boston are Sam Adam's (the light is amazing- you'd think it was a regular beer) and Harpoon. I tend to prefer imported beers- Wartsteiner, Bass, Czech Rebel, original Munchen etc.
    Well you certainly deserve it, but being on the otherside of the pond, I'm not quite sure how that would work ;)

Version 2.5 is outstanding- more features without sacrificing speed. I have only one complaint- the automatic installation of the EMON scanner. I don't use an MAPI compatible email client so it wasn't doing me anygood. However it wasn't hard to remove manually.

I'll be sure to have a beer for you :D

4. petepohl

I forgot to ask, will Eset be expanding its presence in the US? It doesn't recieve nearly enough attention- you'd think that Microsoft using NOD32 for their software deployment would be enough of an endorsement. In the mean time, I'll be convincing friends to switch over- 3 and counting so far :)

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

OT a bit - but does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to ship beer FROM the US to various EU countries in small quantities - ie, 6-packs?

I'd prefer personal experience stories or links to informaton within customs sites in respective countries rather than "guesses" - as I can make a pretty mean "guess" on my own! ;)

One of my "guesses" goes like this: don't do it - they'll confiscate and drink it in the Customs office that deals with it... :D

regards

Greg

6. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Well :D we need to know the destination and the type of beer :rolleyes: :cool:

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

How about Asia and a Zlaty Bazant? :D

8. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hey, but that one was scheduled to be re-routed to Amsterdam! :mad:

Right?

:D :D :D :D :D

9. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

I'd say it has been over the past year. Just about every issue of PCMagazine and/or PCWorld now has a 1 page NOD32 advertisement. There are a growing number of resellers (I've become one), and their US rep in California (Maros) is quite quick to respond to any questions I e-mail him (just got a few replies this morning when I got the office)

I'm giving it a lot of publicity over on our forums at Speedguide.Net

Beer! Guinness! Amstel Light! Sam Adams!

10. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Not the UK - I'd bring that in person HappyBytes! ;)

Just a general inquiry... it's actually not that easy to mail beer around the USA from state to state, so internationally FROM the USA has GOT to be harder... it's just that around this part of country (Northern Colorado) - there are literally dozens of micro breweries - many of which win awards all over the place)...

I moved here from London (although a transplanted Wiltshire lad) in June of 2000, and I guess I've tried most of them by now - some of which I'd actually consider sending out as examples of their kind... ;)

regards

Greg

11. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

hmmm - beer
    if we were OT here would that mean Off Topic or On Tap? :)

12. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

FireCat,

Would you please stopping talk about Zlaty Bazant ? :D
    I'm curious about this beer. (if it is a beer).
    So I think I'm looking for some distributors here in Brazil. :D

Best Regards,

DonKid.

13. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Ah, DonKid,

Zlaty Bazant is a very good beer! I drank it when I was on holiday in Bratislava (Slovakia) with a half-slovak friend of mine. When you ever come to Europe, go to Bratislava! Its nice there!

14. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Well, I never was good in geography, but if Bratislava is near of Slovenia, I´ll ask a friend of mine to send some of them to me.

Well, I don´t know about Zlaty Bazant, but my beer called Bohemia is the same since 1853, and it´s too good to be true. :D

It´s not fair.
    Now I´m more curious. :D

Best regards,

DonKid.

15. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please don't confuse Slovakia with Slovenia as some politicians sometimes do ;-)

16. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I won't Marcos, I won't... :D

17. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

No Marcos, I don't confuse it.
    My friend lives in Slovenia and not Slovakia.
    Hope those beers are sold there.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.