Regdefend

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by marse.robert, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi,
    I have Regdefend 2001. Can I install "Regrun" and Tony's files? If so, are these files installed in Regdefend's update file?
    I have installed "regrun" in this fashion and the entry in: Regrun/configue/global Registry Rules and "Regrun" has a red cross in its box.

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You can if you want, but bear in mind they were .ghst files intended to boost the standard default groups. What you should be looking to do is add the new Tony .gsr file, which is an entire ruleset intended to be used instead of the default rule group; it is far more comprehensive in its covereage.
    No, you have to install these things manually.
    Which means it is disabled, enable it by selecting it in the lefthand column and ticking the box in the upper righthand corner of the GUI.

You must distinguish between the original Tony .gsht file and the new Tony .gsr ruleset. You want the latter, in which case you do not need to add the Kent RegRun file since this is covered by the new ruleset.

3. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi TopperID,

Thanks. Your advice worked out just fine,

Marserobert

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I currently use Prevx1 and ProSecurity free as part of multi-layered defense on winXp home sp2, in your opinion, do I need additional protection from RegDefend? Thanks.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I did install RegDefend. It did have some conflict issues w/ other apps, such as WinPatrol plus, RegDefend blocks emulation of WinPatrol plus. The action of WinPatrol is just collecting updated info for monitoring purposes. I have a doubt that RegDefend has become a yesterday's app, no upgrade since 2005. The other HIPSs such as SSM, ProSecurity etc have already surpassed RegDefend. Pity.

6. martosurf

martosurf Registered Member

Hello TopperID and every1 here

Where can I find the Tony ruleset to download? I'm running AppDefend w/ Regdefend bundle (version 1 I think)

Tnx in advance ppl :cool:

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=85130

It is attached to Post #4 and is dated May 29, 2006. That is the most recent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.