RegDefend & Window Washer conflict?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by guyontheweb, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guyontheweb

guyontheweb Guest

Jason (or anyone who can help),
    I just downloaded RegDefend (free trial version). I have been successfully running Webroot's Window Washer to clean my system at shutdown for years. I believe RegDefend is preventing Window Washer to execute before shutdown. What can I do to run BOTH software w/o problems?

thanks

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi guyontheweb :).

Try adding Window Washers executables to the Application Permissions Override section in RegDefend and give it the allows to Modify Values/Keys and see if that works. If it does then try just giving it one or the other of the Allows and see if it then still works. This way you will see what Allow priveledge it needs (it may need both however).

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Jade.

3. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

I have both progs running here without any problem!

4. guyontheweb

guyontheweb Guest

I added Window Washer to the Application Permission Overide and all's well. Pretty cool software.....

There should be info about the Appl Permission Overide in the Help file for new users like me.....

Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.