RegDefend v2.000 Alert Screenshot

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jason_R0, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

After a lot of feedback from the users of RegDefend and the beta testers, the RegDefend Alert has been updated for the next version. Firstly to be more user friendly for the people who need it to be, and also a way to be able to do advanced things if you are an advanced user.

This screenshot was taken using the midnight theme, different from the last screenshot, whilst set to the "Friendly Alert" mode, which doesn't show off all the new features.

Next week RegDefend v2.000 will enter a public beta, the actual day is yet to be set.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Jason, thanks for the updated tease/screenshot :D .

Now we just have to wait for next week. For those that are always looking forward to the weekend, this will give them something to look forward to during the week.

Have a good weekend.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Looking good Jason.

Can't wait for the final release. :)

4. donsan

donsan Registered Member

i must say jason i like that alot,that is much easier to understand for layman like myself thanks for the great program.

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Jason,

While it may not pertain to this particular message box, I would add "install or update" to other alerts, particularly if they are triggered by Windows or other commonly updated software products.

Good luck with your new release!

Regards,
    Rich

6. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Jason,

I would like to have a box indicated if the value is added, removed or simply changed. But, it's looking good :)

Keep up your good work and I sure can't wait for this new release...

Best regards,
    Atomas31

7. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Jason,

Regarding the new alert dialog, what happens with changes to multi-line registry values ?

With the previous version, only the first line of the data was displayed. When the first line was not the one that changed, the alert indicated that the old data and the new data were the same, which is not very helpful (and confusing) when deciding whether to allow or dis-allow the change (ie. you could not make an informed decision based on the info shown in the alert)

8. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I don't like the idea of showing them in a multiline edit control, but I think adding it to the TOOLTIP as a multiline value might be a good workaround.

9. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Yes, that would do. It's just so that you can see what has changed when the change has not occurred in the first line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.