Regdefend Uninstall

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by oneshotwonder, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to trial Regdefend. I think it would complement my other security software nicely.

How well does it uninstall in the (unlikely) event that I do not wish to purchase ?

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I have uninstalled 2 or 3 times to do updates. There hasn't been a problem on my Windows XP SP2 machine. If you really want to clean it after an uninstall, you may want to run something like RegSeeker. But I doubt you will want to uninstall it. It is really one of the best programs out there. It does its job simply and accurately. If you decide to keep the program, you may want to add the RegRun additions that puff has given to us. It is stickied on the RegDefend forum. Good luck with your trial.

Rich

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am going to install the trial also and was wondering about any troubles with an uninstall if it didn't work on my system (hope it does) I was watching with the Outpost problem but now this has been fixed I am more encouraged to add this layer now.

If installed when using WU - do I disable Regdefend until the updates have downloaded and installed plus with any installs after RD is in place do I disable until the installs are made? Thanks

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Whilst the system is active you will receive prompts if something of concern wants to occur to the system. If it is the Microsoft update application(s) you should allow it to do everything it asks and there will be no issues. I'm not sure if all updates will alert in RegDefend, just depends on what they do, and what RegDefend is protecting for you. :)

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thank you Jason, as long as RegDefend asks me and prompts me that is great :) I was just a little unsure about the installs especially WU's.

I have used Ad-watch previously (nothing compared to RD) and have Regprot but always just let them run and answer but with RD after reading the 'wish list' about suspend for etc that worried me and delayed my install :oops:

Thanks again at least I know I can just reply when I know I am actually installing something or more to the point Microsoft is ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.