RegDefend - configuration lost after updating program

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Green Giant, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

When depressing the shift key and 'check now' for updates to RegDefend and then rebooting when indicated, I found that updates were again said to be available when repeating this process shortly afterwards and again rebooting.

The disturbing thing is that I now again need to permit all of the programs I want RegDefend to allow to run.

Surely this software should run better than this!

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I recently went from ProcessGuard tp AppDefend. Before installing I removed my previous version of RegDefend first and did a clean install. I use Tony Klein's rule set here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=760968&postcount=4
    Can't help any further as I have not experienced the same problem you did.

3. Green Giant

Thanks for your posting G111. Something to remember when a new version is released.

Green Giant

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Why don't you save all your rules as a .gsr file, by copying and pasting from program files, that way you need never lose them should this happen again.

In order to make sure your app rules are up to date, you could save the .gsr file periodically and keep a copy on external storage.

5. Green Giant

Many thanks for the suggestion TopperID. I will do what you recommened to save my sanity!

I just thought it a pity that one's choices don't remain unless you alter them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.