RegDefend and Microsoft AntiSpyware

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by PikeDude, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

Hi,

I just downloaded and am giving RegDefend a run for the 14 days before deciding if I'll purchase it. Just wanted to know, what parts of Microsoft Antispyware real time protection can/should I deactivate if RegDefend provides the same protection if not better?

I wouldn't want to have 2 programs looking out for the same thing in the registry for changes or do they compliment each other in that they both verify different areas of the registry.

Thanks for any input.

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I run Giant, so I'm also interested in the answer.

I'd have thought there would be no conflict, because if a change is made to a portion of the Registry guarded by both RegDefend and MS-AS, then RD will enable you to prevent the change and MS-AS will not even know that anything has happened.

If you decide to let RD permit the change then MS-AS will notice it while polling, and you will have to allow it in MS-AS as well. You are getting two bites at the cherry in this case, if you make a mistake first time, hopefully you get a second chance!

So I don't see there is a problem about being doubly protected.

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

You can disable the relevant registry protection in MS-AS if you feel the need, as it does overlap a bit and the MS-AS protection would just be sitting there wasting resources. On the other hand you also don't NEED To disable it if you don't want to, RegDefend will just get there first (as long as you have the same registry areas covered in both programs).

4. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

Ok, I think I'll let them both on just for a few days to see if any problems occur. For now they both seem to be running well. Thanks for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.