RegDefend 1.3 doesn't pop up ask window any more.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by netxman, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netxman

netxman Registered Member

I'm using the very old version of RegDefend for years. Ver: 1.300.

Recently I dont know why he never popping up the windows when some program try to change my registry, i.e Internet Explorer start page...

I mean any registry changes are allowed by default now even I force changing the action from Ask User to BLOCK...

All the settings are default,never changed after installed.

Anybody konws the reason? Thanks.

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I stopped using it a few years ago, I was using a beta of version 3 and at the time it was working fine. There was a public release of version 2 and it looks like it is still available for download from the website: -http://www.ghostsecurity.com/regdefend/-
    You may want to try that. I would be careful though as this program is not supported anymore and who knows if the website is actually pushing malware or not. Jason Annice (owner of Ghost Security) stopped replying to his forum here over two years go now and it was closed and archived: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72
    There is a link on the Ghost Security website to contact Jason. I tried contacting him several times and never received a response. Maybe you might have more luck.

3. netxman

Thank you G1111.

I just like the simple settings of the old version and no need to install it so I tried to get answer, but it seemed too difficult to get support..I think it's time to abandon it.

I tried the version 2 from its official website and it worked fine but it's only 14 days for free so could you please tell me any clue about the beta version 3 if I can get it for try ?

Thanks again. :cautious:

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi netxman

I fear you are beating a dead horse. There is no support at all for any of the Ghost Security stuff.

Your best beat is rumage thru the archive here from the old forum.

Most folks have long since abandoned that stuff. You might look at Malware Defender, as it has a good registry module.

Pete

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

This was the link that had the last beta: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1201092&postcount=1
    Not sure if you will run into the same 14 day trial period. I don't recall now if you needed a license or not for this beta. At this point since the last beta is almost three years old and was never completed I would move on.

6. netxman

Thank you very much Peter2150 and G1111.

I'll try both of them that you mentioned.

Thanks and good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.