regard activation code that comes with cd with v6

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by zfactor, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i see now with v6 rc there is a place to enter this code. how will this work if the code was good for three pc's? since normally you would get a user name and number you can simply enter into the other systems you will be using it on. will we still be able to convert this over to a user name and number or will we have to enter ALL the info listed on each system every time?

will the page still be on the eset web site to convert these over??

how will this effect those who need to reinstall the program more than the 3 times initially? i know i DO NOT do a version upgrade at all ive had way to many issues that way not only with eset but others as well i ALWAYS do a uninstall and then install the newest version i will not change the way i do that either sorry to say. will we still be able to reinstall each time or will there now be a sort of activation limit type thing in place. since say i have 3 pc's and i want to reinstall it on those 3 when a new version comes out that will be a number of installs and i know a lot of other people who will only do the same. i personally bought a number of boxed versions with the thinking i would be able to use them in the future and i hope that has not changed.

please answer these questions. thank you

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As of v5, it's possible to activate ESET's products either using a username/password or an activation key. There should be no issues using an activation key for a multiple user license to activate ESET's products on the number of computers covered by the license. The same holds true for reinstallation.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

okay great i was a bit worried eset was going to be changing that. for my normal customer that way is prob actually easier for them. but for people like myself and im sure many others here at wilders that can do the process i prefer to uninstall prior to installation.

do you know if eset will remove the activation page on the website? just curious

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There are no current plans to remove the activation page on the web site as it's still used in a variety of purchase scenarios. It may be updated from time-to-time, though, to reflect changes to the web site or evolving requirements for purchase.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.