Refund problem with Newegg

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Oleg, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I didn't have a single problem with Newegg. For instance issues with items or RMAing. Till today, to find-out they are refusing to acknowledge that they have not refunded the money for the RMA. Telling me to check my e-mail and stating that "We have issued you refund already" . Ones again i have told them "I don't see it in my PayPal account." So than Newegg has told me "Take it with PayPal.".

I just can't believe they would be so disrespectful.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

And how does an RMA relate to Returnil software?

3. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I just didn't know the right Sub section to post it in. You can move my post to the appropriate section of the forum.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

In this particular case, what was the item you were trying to RMA?

5. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I was trying to return PNY CS1311 2.5" 240GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSD7CS1311-240-RB.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Thank you! Thread Moved to Hardware Forum.

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Sometimes refunds to PP take 3-7 business days. How longs it been?

8. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Since we don't know the "tone of voice" used, we cannot tell if they were being disrespectful or not. But these refunds can take several "business" days to complete. And Saturday and Sunday are not business days.

I note when I load money into PayPal from my bank, my bank shows it gone almost immediately, but it can easily take up to 5 days before I see it in PayPal.

If it has been at least 5 "business" days and you still see nothing, I would contact Newegg again and ask them for the "Transaction ID" number. Then ask PayPal to look into it.

9. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I have all forgotten about this procedure. You are both right. The same here. When i deposit some money into PayPal it does takes about 3-5 days for the deposit to show-up. Got another e-mail from Newegg.

Code:
    Please be informed that we have completed processing your refund in the amount of $59.99. You will receive your refund within 3-5 business days in the original payment method used when purchases were placed. We have noted that you have used Paypal for this order.

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Glad you're sorted.

Years ago I did a lot of business with NewEgg when they were the new kid in town. A couple years later I read they grossed 1 Billion Dollars that year. And that their net? profit was 1% of sales or $10 million. I was impressed by both those facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.