Redo Backup & Recovery

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Stigg, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

I have been talking with some friends and they were telling me about their positive experiences with Redo Backup & Recovery.

I had never heard of it until now, but they tell me it is very reliable.
    Has anyone here used it before? What are your opinions?

2. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hello Stigg;

All I can tell you is that I discovered Redo a couple of years ago and tried it briefly with XP Pro and Home editions, Vista, and Windows 2000, but not Windows 7 or 8/8.1 and have used it on only one computer- a desktop.
    It worked well for me with the operating systems listed above and provided you aren't looking for the most elaborate in features or the fastest at image creation, it is one you should audition.
    I like that it doesn't need to be installed on a hard drive; just download the ISO and burn it to a CD.

That said, I feel you should look closely at the free versions of Paragon and Macrium Reflect and if they offer the features you need, strongly consider either or both as they have a longer track record.

Redo, in my opinion, was a good alternative for backup & restore but seeing I already had invested heavily in Paragon and Macrium, I chose to stay with what I knew had worked for me for several years.
    If I was just starting with system imaging, it would be a contender.

I hope this helps.

3. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

Thanks for your input, wtsinnc.

I agree. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.