Redistributable package problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sasiki, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

I made a redistributable package using WinRAR according to the directions on Page 80 of one of the manuals. It install fine, reboots, and then asks me if I want to enable threatsense. I go on past that, open up the control center, click Quit and it closes. This is not good. In my config file, I have a password set. This config file is the exact same as my internal network one, except for I have used the remote administration server's external IP instead of internal and set the update server for ESET's since this will go on outside sales laptops.

Any suggestions?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Do you mean the password for "protected settings"? Afaik it only protects settings from being changed. It wont prompt you for quitting the control panel. And iirc even if you close the control panel, the nod32 service should still be running.

3. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

When I hit the Quit button on my computer, it prompts for a password. I'd like it to the same for the package I'm putting on the outside sales computers.

I'm not sure why after installation, it's asking me to configure the Threatsense either. I have all of these settings marked in the config file and followed the instructions to the 'T' in the pdf that explains how to build the package with winrar.

4. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

I still cannot figure out why these settings did not take effect using my remote install self-extracting rar package. I used the same config as my internal lan, except I changed the RAS to the public IP of the antivirus server, and changed the updates to check ESET's servers.

Any ideas?

5. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

whats the name of the cfg file in the self-extracting package?

6. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

I named it nod32.xml per the instructions

7. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

Have you tried to send your config to support@eset.com as described here?

Some versions of nod has also a bug with ready some configs (read some values, and irgnore others (bug was confirmed, dunno if it was fixed).

8. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

Have not sent my config in. I will do that though. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.