Redirect

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Suezeekay, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suezeekay

Suezeekay Guest

After I boot up and go to Google I get redirected to a page that says "Windows XP Security and Privacy" and five duplicate pages come up layered on each other. The only way to close it is with Windows Task Manager or it just goes around in circles and asks about downloading some type of program over and over. I run NoAdware, Spyware Doctor, Spybot, Ad-Adware every day and I have SpyWare Blaster, but this "thing" won't go away. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum, but I don't know the type of malware this is.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Suezeekay, and welcome to the forum. :)

What you're describing sounds very similiar to this trojan:
    Win32.Secdrop.HB

It looks like it's a fairly new infection, but have a look through the link above and let us know if anything looks similar to what you are seeing.

You can go through our General Cleaning Instructions, following each step carefully. If you are still having problems then you may want to consider posting a HijackThis log at one of the forums that do HijackThis log analysis for a deeper look. The links are also included in the General Cleaning Instructions thread.

Please let us know how you do with the cleaning steps.

Regards,

snap

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Before you do the very comprehensive "GENERAL Virus and Trojan removal Instructions.", you can try the free online scanners from Kaspersky, BitDefender and Trend-Micro (links to them in my signature) they all detect this one it seems, if you not so infected that the malware won't let you go to these Anti-virus sites. :)

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Good idea, Don. I just saw where Trend Micro had a listing for one of the aliases: TROJ_MULDROP.AQ

But either way, doing an on-line scan first will catch and clean anything else identified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.