Red Window - Need Help

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nomnex, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomnex

nomnex Registered Member

ESET SS v.3

I got a Red Window notification "... modification zyx/could be a malware attempting..." select Allow/Deny, following an soft update.

I wanted to click Allow, instead I have clicked on Deny. Where can I make the change? I have searched in the Firewall without success.

Thanks

2. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Uninstall it then reinstall it.

3. nomnex

nomnex Registered Member

I rather learn the way to correct the mistakes in the ESET GUI windows.
    I guess this red window is only firewall related (vs. the AV red window)? What happens after you click Deny? Anyone?

4. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Try going into Advanced Setup/Web Access/Address Management and see if that website was put on the "Blocked" list. If it's there, remove it.

If that doesn't help then you may have no other choice than to uninstall then reinstall it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume you mean the red window showed when a network-aware application has been modified. Whether or not to allow it to connect to the web depends on you. If it's an application that you trust (ie. it's a web browser that has been updated), allow it.

6. nomnex

nomnex Registered Member

The window message said in substance

[....modification occurred... it could be a malware trying to communicate... if you trust... allow or deny] (I don't remember the exact terms).

I connected locally a client to a new FTP server. Eset returned the warning for the server. I sometimes have this type of waring after an update or an app change.

I know the AV and FW alerts (both red windows). But, this alert (also red window) is related to the web Internet Browser ESET category? What system change is generated in the ESET advanced setting when you select Deny for an application change - Since I have clicked Deny by mistake and I want to revert to Allow.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  7. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

You can try to remove that application (rule which allow that application to connect) from firewall rules and you'll get prompt again (probably).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.