Red Icon-Bug now also available for XP SP3?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rif, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rif

rif Registered Member

I Installed the now released german ESS 4.0.437.0 over the 4.0.424.0, every start the Antivirus/Antispy-Protection is deaktivatet, i have to start the Real Time Prodection manuell.
    The 437 just worked after a complete De-/New-Installation :mad:

2. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

3. rif

rif Registered Member

Yes, same bug as with Vista SP2:
    Red Task Icon, no Antivirus/Antispy-Protection!

So i removed ESS and all personal Folders, made a new Installation.
    Now it workes.

They don't just translated it, there must be other changes in the localized version too o_O

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

As far as I know, the issue is specific with Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 2008 with Service Pack 2, so there may be an unrelated reason this is appearing on your computer.

You can, however, enable test mode in your copy to download the updated module for testing purposes.

An updated Anti-Stealth module (v1012, build date 20090526) is now available for testing purposes. To obtain it, open the ESET user interface, press F5 to open the Advanced Settings window, select Update in the left pane, then Advanced Update Setup in the right pane and check Enable Test Mode at the bottom of the window.

The next time the client performs an virus signature database update, it will also download the updated Anti-Stealth module. If you are running ESET Smart Security, an updated Firewall module will also be downloaded for testing (it contains some fixes and updates unrelated to this issue).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.