Red cross on drive

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by deepkent, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepkent

deepkent Registered Member

This is probably a real basic question, so I apologise in advance, but I can't seem to find an answer. Both before and after checking in Disk Director, one of my drives has a red cross on it (see screenshot). Can anyone tell me what it means? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This is only a guess - it is an external drive that isn't connected. - I understand why this would be in Windows, but not in DD that lists drives in a dynamic fashion.

Somehow it is marked for partition deletion, but you haven't clicked 'commit' as yet. - Best guess.

Colin

3. deepkent

deepkent Registered Member

No, it is an internal drive. Thanks for your reply, but I seem to have fixed it. I looked for a "Refresh" option in DD, but there isn't one. So, after checking the drive, I exited the program and then restarted it - and the cross has now disappeared. I'd still like to know what it means, though. With the cross, it was shown as full, even though it was 80% empty. After restarting, the correct properties are now shown. So I guess the cross means that a drive needs to be checked - but it would be useful to be able to refresh the drive view to show the results.

Thank you for your trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.