Recycler folder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by martinlest, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martinlest

martinlest Registered Member

How can I prevent Acronis 9 from automatically including the (often very large) Recycler folder in its backups? I can see no folder icon for this in the left-hand tree pane when you choose 'folders & files', so I can't uncheck it, although System Volume Information is there.

I can empty the Recycle Bin, but I don't always want to get rid of files from all my drives before I back up one particular partition. There must be another way?

Martin

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

You don't see RECYCLER? I do.

3. Colvin

Colvin Registered Member

The "Recyler" is a system folder and cannot/should not be deleted. It can be viewed in Explorer by clicking on "Tools/Folder Options/View" and under the "Files and Folders" heading uncheck the item, "Hide protected system files and folders (Recommended)".

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

He doesn't want to delete it; he just doesn't want to back it up.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Martin, you probably cannot see it because of what Colvin said. If you do that then it should show up in TI.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello martinlest,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that you can exclude all system files/folders by checking "Exclude all system files and folders" when creating files/folders backup. Additional information can be found in Chapter 5.1 "Backing up files and folders (file backup)" in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User Guide.

If you would like to be able to exclude only specific system files/folders from the files and folders backup you should first do as Colvin said.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  7. martinlest

martinlest Registered Member

I realised after posting here that I probably wasn't seeing the Recycler in the Acronis folder tree because I didn't have 'show hidden files & folders' set. Not sure why I didn't think of that at the time !(Maybe because one or two other bits of software I use show hidden folders by default and I've got used to that).

I even have a useful little script file in my Quick Launch toolbar which shows and hides files & folders at a single click - I change this setting quite often for one reason or another.

Thanks for the replies.

Martin

8. BaudeC

BaudeC Registered Member

OK, I have a similar issue. I need to do a full backup, WITHOUT the /Recycler folder.

However I do want to back up all other system and hidden files. The exclusion has to be non disc specific. I could not find any explantion on how to exclude a specific folder name and all it's sub-dirs (dependencies).

Can I use:

\Recycler\
    or
    \Recycler\*.*

Thank for the forthcoming help.

-= Chris ß =-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.