RecoveryCD iso download and backup function?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mattad, Mar 4, 2014.

1. mattad

mattad Registered Member

Where do I get the RecoveryCD iso?

Is it really required to install PBR at first and then generate iso from there or is there a direct download for the iso?

Other question: Does the RecoveryCD provide only a restore function or can I do a (partition) backup from booted PBR RecoveryCD as well?

Matt

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I suppose you are referring to the WinPE ISO. MS banned direct WinPE ISO downloads some years ago.

Using the WinPE boot medium, you can create and restore backups.

3. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

If you are using the free edition only the linux based recovery media is provided. If you have a paid edition you will find either the linux or the WinPE based, however the WinPE base has to be created on the end user side.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

How to get this linux based media?

5. Robin A.

Go to the folders in C: where the program is installed. Look for an ISO folder and in it for the bootcd.iso file.

To create a 32-bit Linux boot medium, burn this ISO to a CD using ImgBurn (or Windows or Nero), or create a boot USB key with Rufus. Check that the medium works well with your hardware.

If you want a 64-bit Linux medium, look for the bootcd_x64.iso. A 64-bit medium should also work in an UEFI computer.

6. mattad

mattad Registered Member

So a pre-compiled/pre-generated Linux BootCD is NOT separately available for download?
    I MUST first install the program in order to be able to generate the *.iso
    Is that correct?

7. Robin A.

You don´t have to generate the Linux ISO. It´s pre-generated and included in the installation package. You just need to use that ISO to build the boot medium.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thnaks. So 32 bit ISO will not work with UEFI systems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.