Recovery partition and no windows installation cd?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Marioo, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Marioo

Marioo Registered Member

I do not know if I have s system image already installed or have to do one copy of it. How can any of you help me out please!!! Thanks!!!

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

You probably have one already that came with your computer that will restore to the original, out of the box state, but it really depends on the make and model. I use Macrium Reflect Free and it shows the recovery partition, if there is one. If not, you can create one with Macrium.

3. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Hello Marioo and welcome to Wilders.

allizomeniz give you a good advice if you want to create a image.

You should also click start>run and enter diskmgmt.msc you'll see all the partition on your hdd or ssd.

Rules.

Attached Files:

4. Marioo

Marioo Registered Member

Well, I use windows 7 home premium , Version 6.1.7601 service Pack 1, build 7601

My Pc branch is Sony-Vaio Model vpceb33fm

But the real doubt is how can I know about where is the copy of the computer system out of the box state!!! Is there a way to know about? Please helpe me!!!

Well I have several disk partion>>> 10.19 GB (Health recovery partion) but seems to have no volume on it!!

I have system reserved 100 MB NTFS (Health, system active, primary pation) capacity 100 MG, Free space 38 MG.......I have the option on Properties(Tools) to back up it, but I really ca not see the contents of it!!!

(C:) >>> 287.87 GB NTFS......

Can you give some light!

Thanks anyway!!!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  5. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

The Health Recovery Partition is it. I wouldn't worry about there being no volume label on it. Here's a link I found for Sony support. On the left hand side of the page there are links to PDF manuals for your model. Download "Recovery, Backup and Troubleshooting Guide." It has instructions for recovering the factory state from the Recovery Area without a disk.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...late_id=1&region_id=1&tab=manuals#/manualsTab

6. Marioo

Marioo Registered Member

You ease my mind now....I am very hapy.....thanks alot!!!

Indeed I have run sfc/scannow and found corrupet files that could not be repaired and the only solution seems to be to recover my pc system. Do you agree with me since I have not done any recovery disks so faro_Oand by the way I won this computer four years agoo_O

Could you give a look at CBS.LOG!!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.