Recovery Media in previous release of ATI works better than in current!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herojig, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

Here's one to ponder:
    Recovery Media in a previous release of ATI works better than in current:
    I created a recovery CD when i first installed ATI8 when purchased and the CD has worked fine (with one bugaboo discussed later). When I updated to 744 I made another one, with the logic being it's gotta be better. Well, its not. Using the new one I get usb errors: device not found. bla bla bla.

Reboot using the old one and all is fine, except for ignoring TWICE the error message Can't read sector 0 of drive 0. Ignoring that, all seems to work fine, I can recover from images stored on my external USB drive just fine. Caveat: I am using an Adaptec-7 USB 2.0 hub. I know I have read stuff like "we dont support hubs" but I REFUSE to be like an old rotary phone operator and be plugging and unplugging cables to get things to connect. And besides, in a previous release it worked.

So I guess I am keeping my old recovery disk until things get better. I sure would like to hear comments on this, as it does not give me a warm fuzzy knowing there are issues here. Ps Overall I think ATI is the best out there.
    Thanks!
    jigs

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

My boot CD of TI8 build 774 works fine and sees my Freecom 80GB USB drive with no problems so I don't see why yours does not. It seems as if the system differences are at work here rather than TrueImage, although you could say, TrueImage should be able to handle such differences anyway. :doubt: o_O
    John

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Jigs

Reference the non critical "Can't read from Sector 0 of Drive 0" error messages - do you also have an empty USB flash card reader/writer connected? If so, either insert a memory card into it or unplug it prior to rebooting into the recue mode.

Regards

4. herojig

thks menoman! i guessed it something simple like that, and that it is. makes me feel better knowing it's not a problem. my mem stick on my sony tr3 is always empty, cause i dont own one. funny, acronis should fix this, as my attached usb diskette drive is always empty (dont own any of those anymore either) and i dont get an error there :D

5. herojig

im sure it's the hub. i don't think that TI likes them, and inmho TI should. At least the good ones! I have an adaptec 7-port picture frame hub with GF in it, and it was a gift from her. gotta use it!
    :D

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello guys,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please note that Acronis True Image 8.0 build 786 is coming! :)

Please report all the issues with the current build to support@acronis.com. It's rather difficult to dagnose the problem on the forum and it is not possible to ask for diagnostic files that are bigger than 100 kb here. So please contact support@acronis.com if you have any problem with Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

7. herojig

thanks acronis support for letting us know about the next build - yea! - but not to sound rude or ungrateful or anything like that, but i can't think of one product that i own that i actually have to send log files and emails to get support. all my support for the past 2 years has been on forums just like this one. ok ok i agree, it may not be that efficient, but it's my preferred method of support these days. it's great from an enduser perspective - log in, make a post, and wait for an answer, maybe browse around for a bit to see wuz up, perhaps help someone else out who has a question u can answer, and in general participate in a users group. this is much different model than the traditional customer-support one. but thanks for the reply! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.