Recovery Disk for True Image Enterprise

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vrcmjoy, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vrcmjoy

vrcmjoy Registered Member

I am VERY new to the True Image software, but am running some tests to see how well the "live backup" works. My corporation is looking at this software as a disaster recovery option for backing up live servers.

Having said that - I'm having trouble with the Recovery CD. Is there no way at all to force the Recover agent to use a specific IP address? Right now, every time I boot to the disk, it steals an IP from another user in my department and boots them off the network. I have a specific subnet created for backups/ghosting and want to set the CD so that it uses that IP scheme, but haven't been able to find a setting that would allow me to do that.

Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vrcmjoy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you can manually specify network settings when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. The network settings available at Tools -> Options -> Network adapters. Please check chapter 7.1.1 "Network settings in rescue mode" of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide for details.

Please take a look at this previous post of mine that should answer your question (about static IP address).

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.