Recovery disc created by Paragon BR 12 question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jlg, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jlg

jlg Registered Member

When I open this disc in (Windows 7 Pro) Explorer, all I see is the usual blahblah about files ready to be burned to the disc (desktop.ini), as if it is empty, although it shows in Computer as Paragon, 0 bytes free of 64mbs, CDFS. The disc check utility in BR 12 says the disc is ok, although I have not tried booting with it, as I just wanted to see what was burned on it first. Why in the world can't I see the files? I am fairly certain I was able to see them in XP..?

2. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

I assume this is about a Linux recovery disc?

I have the same issue with discs created with B&R11 Home or B&R 12 Compact. The discs appear to be empty both on a Win7 Pro x64 computer and a WinXP Pro x32 computer. I raised a support ticket in February 2012. The answer was: “Unknown issue. Sorry, but no suggestions. Did you use CD-R or RW? Reinstall of the program could possibly fix it too, but is more likely operating system specific problem.”

I closed the case since “I was the only one with this unknown issue”. (And I prefer WinPE recovery discs.)

It is “interesting”, jlg; the empty disc boots well! o_O I guess you have tried it now.

3. jlg

jlg Registered Member

I tried using a couple of programs that enable reading Linux partitions in Windows, but apparently not cd/dvd so that was that. I just could have sworn I had read the disc in XP, but it was also a different version of Paragon then and for all I know may have been a Winpe disc. I was concerned because I have Knoppix and puppy and a few other live discs and I can read the files on those in Windows, but not the boot files, come to think of it..Oh well, it does boot, so at least we know it works :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.