Recovery computer from network in boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Netanel, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netanel

Netanel Registered Member

Hy
    I have a sevrel new computer in lan an 1 computer with all the app.
    I wante to make a recovery to all the computer from the computer that have the app.
    1. how can i do that?
    2. can i do eject the CD from the CDROM after the acronics up?
    3. do i need to make any change to the acronics so i can do that from the lan?
    10X

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Netanel,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Software.

As far as I understand, you wish to backup and recover several computers via the network from one workplace. Please correct me if I am not right.

We would like to offer you to take a look at Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation or Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows (depending on the operating systems which are running on those machines).

I recommend you to download and install the free trial versions of this products to see how the software works on your computer.

Please visit Acronis online store in order to purchase the product.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

Yes, Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD can be ejected after the Acronis True Image GUI was loaded from it.

I would like to recommend you to read the appropriate User's Guide available in the Documentation section of our web site.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Netanel

Hy
    no i have a image file on one computer and a several new computer that thay hdd is empty (new) and i wish to take the image from the network and put it on the new computer.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

Please be aware that you can accomplish your goal using any of the currently available Acronis True Image versions in one of the following ways:

1. Create an image of the entire "source" computer's hard drive saving it to any type of the supported media (e.g. CD, DVD, external hard drive, ZIP drive, network drive, etc.). Boot the computer you want to restore an image to (the "destination" computer) from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD and restore the image.

2. Temporarily install the "destination" computer's hard drive into the "source" machine and perform the disk cloning process. Turn off the PC right after the disk cloning is finished, unplug the disk and install it back into the "destination" machine.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to perform these actions in the respective User's Guide which is available in the Homecomputing Documentation section or Enterprise Documentation section of our web site (depending on what Acronis True Image version you use).

Please be aware that we can guarantee the success only in case all of your computers have an identical hardware configuration.

Please also note that as Kirill has already mentioned above you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used (the same applies to Bootable Rescue CD).

If the computers you want to restore your image to (the "destination" computers) have the hardware configuration that differs from that of the original machine then you can try preparing Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep) as it is described in this FAQ article. However, we can not guarantee that the newly restored\cloned operating system will function correctly in this case. Note that this issue is not related to Acronis software, but to some Windows peculiarities.

I would also recommend you to take a look at the Acronis Snap Deploy features, since this product is basically dedicated for the purposes you have described.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Netanel

i do that and it not work,
    i give me a message that the file that i made is not an acronis file image...

6. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

I advice you to proceed with the investigation of this particular issue in another thread you started.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.