Recovery CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brasco, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brasco

brasco Registered Member

I am just starting to work with Acronis True Image. I tried to make the recovery CD. I put a CD-R in the CD drive and selected the create recovery CD choice. I got this error message:

E00040010: Device is busy. (0x40010) Tag = 0x8B7F8138EBD3BEB3

The drive definitely was not being used by any other program because this was the first , and only, application I used in that particular session.

Any ideas of what is going on?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

When you put the blank cd in the tray, leave the tray open and let the process close it.

3. babac

babac Registered Member

Hello,
    Another way is to put the blank disc in the tray ,close the tray and then open your Acronis software and proceed to make your recovery CD.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Are you running INCD or something similar? If so disable it.

5. Arknath

Arknath Registered Member

I was making a bootable media CD last night and got several "Bad Media" errors until I finally got one to work. Could INCD cause this to happen? Also having a problem with my recovery CD...but will start another thread and not hi-jack this one too much. :)

6. DwnNdrty

Quite likely .... InCD and TI do not get along. Disable InCD before running TI.

7. Logger

Logger Registered Member

Exact same problem & error message as Brasco. No inCD or anything similar appears to be running. "..leave the tray open and let the process close it.." wont work as manual tray close. Starting TI after disk in tray makes no difference. TI10home x Vista HomePro oem x Toshiba Satellite. Is there some feature in Vista or Toshibas oem mods that does similar to inCD perhaps. No big deal as I got around it by creating an ISO and doing the burning elsewhere. But an issue nonetheless.

8. Logger

Logger Registered Member

OK I have the fix. Disable Vistas UAC (User Account Control) in Control Panel>User Accounts then reboot. All works perfectly thereafter. I suspected this as acronis True Image and Media builder are some of only a few apps in my system that pop up the UAC permission dialog on launch. It appears giving permission does not give the utility sufficient privileges to write to the drive.

9. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Second choice is not tu burn directly but create an ISO file.

Then you can burn it with your favorite software :)

Jaycee

10. Logger

Logger Registered Member

...as per the last line of my post two above yours.

11. Logger

Logger Registered Member

For those interested in a fix that allows you to keep UAC running in Vista. Change the MediaBuilder.exe permissions as follows. Go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\mediaBuilder.exe and Alt_Enter to bring up Properties. Security Tab. Scroll down to Users([computername]\Users) press EDIT. Again scroll down to Users([computername]\Users) and in the lower box check the ALLOW column Full Control & Read & Write which would have been empty. APPLY then close out and REBOOT.

12. DwnNdrty

Nice find Logger. Seems like Vista wants to take control of everything. I'm staying away from it at least until the end of the year. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.