Recovery CD linux kernel options

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by samarda, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samarda

samarda Registered Member

Today I have downloaded the free edition of your Backup and Recovery 10 product, in order to evaluate it. I made a recovery CD but after trying to launch the Normal (linux based) recovery environment, my computer just freezes with a blank screen. I believe I know what the problem is, because I have faced exactly the same situation very recently while installing linux Fedora 12 in my laptop computer: it is related with my Broadcom wireless chipset, whose driver need to be blacklisted with the ssb.blacklist=1 kernel option. Unfortunately, I have found no way of passing this option to the linux kernel used in the Recovery CD. Other similar products, like Acronis True Imagem 10 and 11, allow passing options to the kernel by pressing the F11 key before launching the recovery environment

I would like to know the procedure that should be followed in order to pass the abovementioned kernel option to the kernel when using the Backup and Recovery 10 Recovery CD.

I apologize for my English.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

3. samarda

samarda Registered Member

Could you please tell me if the possibility of passing options to the Linux kernel used in the Normal Mode of the Recovery CD is planned to be available in this or future versions of the product? I wouldn't like to use third party software, like the BartPE CD, to backup my servers, and apparently the Safe Mode is unable to backup data to an external USB disk.

Thank you.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello samarda,

You mentioned backing up servers which I strongly suggest using the WinPE CD that comes with Drive Backup 10 Server Editions. The advantage of the WinPE CD is its Windows base kernel and ability to load drivers into the environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.