Recovery CD / Hard drive image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ericlbt, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericlbt

ericlbt Registered Member

Hi, :)

I need your help!
    I am using True Image 9.

I want to be able to create a recovery CD that could be used to fully reset my laptop to its original state. The kinf of CD that is supplied with new systems.

I tried to do that with True Image but all I got was a CD with a Recovery Manager folder (and 7 files whitin that folder), for only 28.6MB!!! o_O
    It does not seem right to me.
    When I first got my laptop it came with 3 full recovery CDs.
    Should I create a hard drive image and then burn it on CD/DVD?
    How could I do that?
    The recovery CD/DVD will only be used for my laptop.

Thank you very much for you comments. :thumb:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ericlbt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is based on the Linux environment and it has Linux-based file system, that is why you are not able to see all the content of that CD within Windows. The files which you can see are intended for Acronis Startup Recovery Manager activation and they are not related to Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD work.

Please also note that this CD does not contain any information about your system, images or something else. This CD has only Acronis True Image program which allows you to operate with images stored in other locations (it may be a set of CDs/DVDs, external USB drive, network shared drive, etc.)

We would like to recomment you to read the appropriate User's Guide which can be downloaded from the Documentation section of our web site. This User's Guide has the detailed information about the software work.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. ericlbt

ericlbt Registered Member

Thank you very much for your reply. ;)
    I can only agree with you that things are easier when you take the time to read the documentation!
    I now understand that I have to create an image which I will store on CDs/DVD.
    But I don't undertsand yet how to create an ISO disk image (I have created a TIB image) and I am really not sure how to make the CDs bootable. :oops:

Thank you again.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

There is an entire separate topic on just how to do this, but on DVD media. Same should apply to CD. Do a search for it .... it probably has the most replies to it. Sorry I don't remember the topic name offhand.

Edit: found the topic: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48186

Would be nice to have this as a "Sticky".

5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

There may have been some misunderstanding here.

You don't really need to have the image stored on bootable DVDs. They give you additional convenience, but they take time, experience and additional software to create.

All you need now is the bootable Rescue CD you created with the appropriate TI tool and .tib image files stored on any (separate) media. The media carrying the image files do not need to be bootable. You'll boot from the Rescue CD, TI will load, and from it you will access your image files, wherever they reside, and restore them. If you stored the image files on plain DVDs, you will retrieve the Rescue CD from the drive after TI has loaded and insert the image carrying DVD instead - last volume first.

And, again, you don't need the ISO image either.

Last edited: May 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.