Recovery CD hangs

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by HobbitRock5150, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HobbitRock5150

HobbitRock5150 Registered Member

Just tested the recovery CD built from the recovery media builder in the program (HDM 2011 Suite) and was surprised to find that, like the previous version, it does nothing after I select "normal mode" except display the words "Main recovery environment" in the right hand pane. Nothing loads, though, it just sits there.
    The WinPE recovery CD works just fine, so I guess this is a minor issue but I was just wondering if it ought to be working?
    The system is Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I had the same issue with B&R 2010FA. For some it works and for some it don't. I never bothered to try it with HDM2011S as I use the WinPE Recovery Disc.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

How long did you wait for it? It takes a long time, but works for me.

Nowadays, I use the system recovery from backup capsule. Boots from your hard drive via modified MBR, and much quicker.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The Linux recovery media does work for me - but it takes 2-3 minutes to get past the Plain blue screen with Paragon logo at the top.

I can't be bothered with that - so use my own version of winpe3 and add my paragon apps. to it.

5. HobbitRock5150

HobbitRock5150 Registered Member

I didn't time it exactly but it was at least 3 minutes. Maybe it would've loaded eventually but who needs the extra wait?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.