Recovery CD Boot fail Toshiba - TI v11.8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjpsme, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjpsme

mjpsme Registered Member

I have install latest build of TI Home V11.8053 and created a Recovery Boot CD.
    It will boot up a standard Vista clone PC OK and another Intel powered notebook.

But it will not boot my new Toshiba A210/810 AMD Turion 64x2 notebook with 4Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 15.4" Screen, Vista Home Premium.

It starts up, presents the choice screen, select full version, goes to black screen, waits 30sec, brings up Acronis logo with Loading, please wait... and just hangs there..

I can boot up with version 10 Home, and it works fine, but it can't read the V11 tib file from my backup USB drive.

What do I do now?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Try booting using the safe mode option on the rescue CD.

If this fails, you can try the quiet acpi=off noapic after pressing the F11 key as soon as the Acronis Loading..... message comes up.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjpsme,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post, as suggested by bodgy.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. al68

al68 Registered Member

Hi. I had the same problem, and I found this post by searching on the web for an answer. Thanks:thumb: , you help me to solve my problem.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If the quiet acpi=off noapic suggestion worked, you can rebuild your Rescue CD to include this so you don't have to type it in every time you use the CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.