recovery builder disc

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by chris45, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris45

chris45 Registered Member

i see this on my drive backup program. Is this needed? because i have ubuntu and isn't this the same thing

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Chris,

It's not the same thing.

Paragon recovery disc will allow you to boot it up, find your backup image and restore it. ( It has some other useful functions as well. )

You won't be able to restore your backup image using Ubuntu.

Hope it helps.

3. chris45

so the recovery builder is only helpful when you cant boot up into your os? i dont get that part. You have a image file of your os on a external harddrive so why do you need to use a recovery bootup. Can you just reinstall windows and redownload paragon drivebackup and restore your image file that you have saved on a external hard drive?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, you could go the time and effort of reinstalling windows, downloading and installing the paragon program , using the restore function from within the program - it will flip into "boot time " mode .

But, why bother? Just boot up the recovery disc in seconds and do the restore.

Otherwise, you can always pop Paragon on your winpe 3 boot disc, like this:

parpemountvhd.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  5. chris45

yes but by reformatting and reinstalling wouldnt that help clear any virus's

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Restoring an image will wipe the partition you are restoring to - in the same way as reformatting and reinstalling does.

7. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

in simple words what paragon does is it create a mirror image of your system

on that specific date on which you have taken a backup so if you get a virus or problem with your linux os like for example ubuntu

when you restore it from disk winpe it wipe your original system and impose that image at its place which is same cloning of your real os

saving your lot of time of installing .........etc

so i simple words it works like deleting a file and pasting its copy on its place but it does in term of Operating System instead of file and lots more

i put this example to make it simple :D

secondly ubuntu is operating system its not backup program and paragon not only back up your files but also your complete operating system and much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.