Recovery Boot Disk Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fredra, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    I am asking and requesting some help with an error I get with the Recovery Boot Disk.
    It has happened with both builds and the most recent 3666.
    When I boot with the boot disk, after the Acronis Spash screen, I get the following
    INFO 02 Ports already in use, skipping probe
    Then it goes into the next screen to pick a task, and the mouse or keybrd does not function.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Cheers :D

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Give us some info on your system such as the brand and type of keyboard and mouse (PS/2 or USB).

Does your system have PS/2 ports (the small round ones)?

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

It is a laptop.
    (Compaq Evo)
    So the kybrd and mouse is PS/2.
    THe backup unit is a USB external 160Gb, but I can't see it after booting from the RD.
    I can see the external from within Windows.
    Thanks
    I am not sure that this is relevant, just asking.....in this thread #2, would that command acpi=off noapic rectify the problem?
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136013&highlight=recovery disk
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's the thing to try now.

Let us know what happened after you try it.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fredra,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter (use "usbmouse=off" instead of "acpi=off noapic").

If the problem persists please also try disabling USB Legacy\Keyboard\Mouse Support parameter in your laptop's BIOS settings.

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

- Let us know the exact model of your laptop;

- What do you mean exactly when saying that the "mouse or keybrd does not function"?

- Clarify whether your keyboard and\or mouse do not work at all or misbehave in some way;

- Let us know if by "mouse" you mean laptop's embedded touchpad or real mouse;

- What are the exact vendor, model and connection type of your external USB hard drive?

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. ChetRCreacy

ChetRCreacy Registered Member

What was the solution to this problem? I have the same laptop (Compaq Evo N610c) with the identical problem. I'm trying to restore my laptop with my recovery media CD and my laptop keyboard and touchpad do not work. Like the gentleman stated, it works on the Acronis selection menu which contains the selections of safe, full, and windows. Please help!

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ChetRCreacy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the solution might be different for each particular case. We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

First of all, please make sure that the bootable CD is created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Could you please try to suggestion described by Alexey in the post #5, namely, booting with with "acpi=off noapic" parameter first and then with "usbmouse=off" parameter?

If the issue persists, please collect the information requested by Alexey in the post above and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

And my own pet collection:

If your external is not seen from rescue environment, try the following workarounds in connection with booting into rescue environment:

- apply the "quiet acpi=off noapic" parameter as detailed in the Please Read Before You Post sticky;
    - disconnect every unneeded USB device;
    - don't use an USB hub, plug the external direcly, possibly to a rear panel port;
    - connect and power up the external drive before booting from Rescue CD (or after the CD drive starts if the external drive is set on top of the boot order list);
    - wait for a minute on the selection screen to give time to the external to initialize before proceeding;
    - select the Safe version of TI instead of the more common Full.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.