Recovering from blue screen

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Adele Revella, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adele Revella

Adele Revella Registered Member

My Dell laptop just blue screened. I called Dell tech support and they tracked the error code back to my NOD 32 softwared. We booted in safe mode and removed the AMON system file and now windows XP is running. Dell told me that the driver would automatically be restored, but that didn't happen. I keep getting the error message -- Nod 32 Kernel Service has encountered an error and needs to close. I'm afraid to stay online without antivirus working so I'm on another computer. Can anyone tell me what to do?

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Welcome to Wilders! I can't help you out too much with this but I can start to do what the moderators would initially ask you to do.

What version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus are you using: v3.0 or v4.0? Are you using the latest build of v3 if you're using v3 (v3.0.684.0), and the latest build of v4, if you're using v4 (v4.0.437.0)? If you aren't, you can download and install the latest version here. If you're currently using v4, does the issue persist when using v3? If you're currently using v3, does the issue persist when using v4?

Was the BSOD a one time occurance, or does it happen more often? What are you doing when it happens, or happened.

You might have to send the .dmp file to ESET so they can take a look at it for you to find the culprit of the stop message and provide a solution.

But please provide more details in the meantime (version, occurance, activity etc).

Regards,

Mark.

3. Adele Revella

Adele Revella Registered Member

My problem is so severe that I can't even access the NOD 32 application to get version number or to re cover my password and user ID. It seems that when I deleted the amon.sys driver while in SAFE mode it disabled the entire application. So I guess I'm stuck until ESET support starts answering their phones on Monday. My guess is that I need to reinstall the entire application, but I can't do that without the user id and password (vicious circle).

How often has this happened? Never before -- first time. If it ever happens again I will stop using NOD 32 and find another antivirus solution. Frankly, I'm tempted to do that now. I depend on this machine for my core business and right now I'm lucky that I can be without it for a few days. But at another time this would have been disastrous.

I was on Symantec before NOD 32 and it caused problems too. I thought that the ESET software was supposed to be the best. Dell support had never heard of it.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

did you run the norton removal tool before installing nod? did the dell support man (who never heard of nod 32??) sorry don't believe that, check for clashing drivers etc, because it looks like he's left it in a bit of a mess, it needs cleaning up for certain.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That being a Nod32 v2 file, I've moved the thread to the appropriate 2.7 Support Forum.

With the e-mail address used to purchase the program, enter that info @ the Lost Username and/or Password? page and your user name\password will be mailed to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.