Recovering a corrupt archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DAston64, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAston64

DAston64 Registered Member

While a backup was in progress, the drive being backed up from failed leaving me a partial archive. I'm using Acronis True Image 9.0 (Build 3,567), when trying to access with Acronis I'm informed that "This is not the last created volume of the backup archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive." The backup operation was a scheduled "Full Backup" operation (no other volumes or peices to the backup).

Here is my question; is there any way to browse this archive (with Acronis or other 3rd party app) and recover what is in it? The archive is over 1.3 gig. I've got to believe there is something usefull in it.

Any help would GREATLY be apprecieated. Thanks.

- Dee

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I hope somebody will tell me I'm all wet and you can recover some of your data from the image.

AFAIK there is no way to do so. TI writes the information about the image contents onto the backup media at the end of the process which is why it is asking for the last media first. Since it failed, it didn't write this information is my guess.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DAston64,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that seekforever is correct. As your hard drive has failed during the image creation, your incomplete image archive can't be restored.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. DAston64

DAston64 Registered Member

I was afraid of that, thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.