Recovered suspicious file missing

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Dregg Heda, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I was downloading some software two days ago, the site seemed reputable but when it finished downloading sbie immediate recovery popped up showing two programs for recovery. It was late and I was tired, without even thinking I hit recover for both files. Now I am beginning to question the nature of the other file. I look at the fiirefox downloads page and I only see I new program, a zipped folder. I cant seem to find this other file that I recovered.

Also while the download was occuring I re-clicked the download link thinking it was the link for another file, the download re-started and iirc there was only one download in progress but could that be something to do with it?

How can I find this missing file? I cant remember the exact name. What I do remember is that it was long and rambling or seemed so when I glanced at it before recovering? Any suggestions as to what could have happened? I am really worried Ive downloaded some srt of malware. Any light on the subject would be much appreciated! TIA!

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

If you remove something from Sbie, it should go wherever your download/s normally end up, unless you specify another location manually. You can try doing a search for files created within a certain time period via Windows own search function.

Also, malware shouldn't just run on it's own so I wouldn't panic. If your worried, scan your computer with a few reputable anti-malwares and/or Av's.

3. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Thanks for the info Innerpeace!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.